Gulwinder “Gullu” Singh is a corporate real estate attorney who regularly teaches both secular and Buddhist classes and groups at InsightLA and at Spirit Rock Meditation Center, has taught mindfulness at the University of Southern California and has been a guest lecturer on mindfulness at UCLA Law School. Although he was exposed to meditation as a child, he found his own practice when he started his legal career, working at firms where the mindsets where insane and as a result, the job was extremely stressful.
Gullu spends several weeks per year teaching silent meditation retreats and has done over 200 nights of silent retreat practice including a 2-month retreat in 2017.
Gullu is deeply inspired to share meditation as an antidote to stress, a way to cope more effectively with the challenges of work and live and to inject more sanity, compassion and wisdom into this world.
Training and education:
- Completed the Training to be Authorized to Teach Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Completed InsightLA 1 Year Mindfulness Facilitator Training
- Completed the Dedicated Practitioner Program – a two-year, five-retreat commitment to deep practice and study– at Spirit Rock Meditation Center.
- Invited into the prestigious 4-year Spirit Rock Meditation Center Teacher Training ending in 2020
- BA from Duke University in Economics
- J.D. from the University of Southern California Center.
- Recognized as a California SuperLawyer in 2009
Sample Teaching & Speaking Engagements:
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Basics of Mindfulness and other classes and groups at InsightLA
- MindfulUSC at the University of Southern California
- Guest Lecturer on Mindfulness at UCLA Law School
- Spirit Rock Meditation Center
- Warrior One – Mindfulness in Law Teacher Training
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona Convention 2018
- Mindfulness in Law Society Convention 2018
- Corporate and Legal workshops and Classes