Gulwinder “Gullu” Singh is a corporate real estate attorney who regularly teaches both secular and Buddhist classes, groups and retreats at InsightLA and at Spirit Rock Meditation Center, including Mindful-Based Stress Reduction. He has taught mindfulness at the University of Southern California and has been a guest lecturer on mindfulness at UCLA Law School. Although he was exposed to meditation as a child, he found his own practice when he started his legal career, working at firms where the job was extremely stressful.
Gullu is deeply inspired to share meditation as an antidote to stress, a way to cope more effectively with the challenges of work and life and to inject more sanity, compassion and wisdom into this world.
Training and Education:
- Completed the prestigious Spirit Rock Meditation Center Teacher Training Program (2016 to 2020)
- Authorized to Teach Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical School
- InsightLA 1 Year Mindfulness Facilitator Training
- Spirit Rock Dedicated Practitioner Program – a two-year, five-retreat study program (2013-2015)
- BA from Duke University in Economics
- J.D. from the University of Southern California Center.
- 5 years at 2 different Am Law 50 firms
- Recognized as a California SuperLawyer in 2009
Sample Teaching & Speaking Engagements:
- Core Faculty fo the upcoming Spirit Rock Dedicated Practitioner Program (2022-2024)
- Core Faculty for the Warrior One – Mindfulness in Law Teacher Training
- Core Faculty for the InsightLA Mindfulness Facilitator Training Program (2020-2021)
- Mentor for the Jack Kornfield & Tara Brach Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Basics of Mindfulness and other classes and groups at InsightLA
- MindfulUSC at the University of Southern California
- Guest Lecturer on Mindfulness at UCLA Law School
- Spirit Rock Meditation Center
- Insight Retreat Center
- Buddhist Geeks Retreat
- Big Bear Retreat Center
- Insight Sacramento
- Speaker at Numerous Bar Associations and other Legal Groups including the American Bar Association, the California Judges Association, the State Bar of Arizona, California Lawyer’s Association.
- Corporate and Legal workshops and Classes